Planning objectives are to:
- Provide long-term land use, facility use, and transportation policy direction
- Guide land development and future growth opportunities
- Assist port staff planning for operations and investments
- Coordinate with neighboring communities and government agencies
- Provide clarity about activities and uses that can occur on port lands
- Consider community and stakeholder interests in the planning process
- Show how future port growth can be managed in a sustainable manner
Regional Planning Groups
Planning represents the NWSA on various regional planning groups and committees. We also provide technical support to port commissioners who may serve on a decision-making board.
The purpose of our involvement is to provide a port perspective on decision making, and to maintain engagement with groups that influence land use decision-making. Additionally, our representation is important to stay current on funding opportunities and to protect financial competitiveness.