Class I Rail Service
- Competitive transit times: Early fifth-morning service to key U.S. Midwest and Ohio Valley markets
- Regular departures: Scheduling just got easier with 40+ departures from the gateway every week
With nine on- or near-dock intermodal rail yards, we're ready to move your cargo.
Domestic and Short-haul Rail Service
We offer three options for fast and convenient domestic rail service from the Pacific Northwest:
- Tacoma South Intermodal Facility (TacSim): Operated by the Union Pacific Railroad, this 25-acre near-dock facility serves customers 24/7 with an average truck turn time of less than 10 minutes.
- South Seattle Intermodal Facility: Operated by BNSF Railway, this 48-acre near-dock facility serving customers 24/7.
- Northwest Container Services: Offering four weekly departures between our facilities and Portland, Oregon, to serve Oregon retailers and export customers.
How do I ship my cargo by rail?
For assistance shipping your cargo domestically by rail, contact an Intermodal Marketing Company (IMC). IMCs provide domestic cargo booking services with the railroads, and will coordinate the rail rate with a truck rate at origin and destination. Local IMCs may also coordinate transloading to and from international containers, and most companies also offer truck brokerage services.
How do I contact U.S. Customs and Border Protection and the U.S. Department of Agriculture?
How do I ship through the ports?
For an overview of importing and exporting, and links to resources, see our First-time Shipper Guide.