The North Star Awards program recognizes customers and stakeholders doing business in the Seattle/Tacoma gateway for outstanding achievement and their contributions to the economic and environmental vitality of the Puget Sound region.
The annual awards celebrate companies demonstrating leadership through actions and initiatives that support the NWSA gateway.
Frequently asked questions
What are the North Star Awards?
We realize that strong, supportive relationships are key to our customers’ success. The NWSA created the North Star Awards program to recognize and reward partners in our gateway that exemplify leadership and through their actions demonstrate a commitment to the overall economic and environmental well-being of the gateway and our region.
What are the award categories?
- The Environmental Stewardship Award recognizes innovative minds and adaptive measures that support the continued health of our region’s environment while promoting trade and economic development. Winners are selected based on leadership that promotes environmental sustainability in an industrial setting or demonstrates an overall commitment to the natural environment. Award criteria.
- The Cargo Anchor Award recognizes contributions that companies make to the long-term success of the NWSA gateway while promoting trade and economic development in the region. Winners are selected based on measurable net contribution to increasing marine cargo volume in the gateway and related jobs generated from specific initiatives, improvements or investments. Award criteria.
Who is eligible?
NWSA tenants, shippers and supply chain partners (ocean carriers, terminal operators, 3PLs, property developers and warehouse companies), stakeholders and non-profit entities. Companies are invited and encouraged to self-nominate, or feel free to nominate a firm deserving of recognition. If you are unsure about whether a company qualifies, contact Larry Kvidera at 253-428-8650.
What is the nomination process?
- Complete the application form and submit before the end of the nomination period.
- NWSA will notify nominees of receipt of their nomination form and confirm details of the application as necessary.
- Nominations will be reviewed by a selection committee comprised of NWSA Managing Member Co-Chairs and representatives from the local business and environmental communities.
- Winners will be announced at the NWSA's Annual Fall Customer Appreciation event and then publicized via website, social media, advertising, and via press release to major industry.
Why compete for the North Star award?
We believe in celebrating success. The North Star Awards are a unique platform for companies to highlight their achievements and initiatives while building brand recognition in the NWSA gateway and across the maritime and transportation industry. Winners will be recognized throughout the year at port-related events, a presence on the NWSA web site, in NWSA digital communications and social media and in the industry press.