The Northwest Seaport Alliance and the Port of Tacoma offer a streamlined documentation process for picking up and dropping off breakbulk/Ro-Ro cargo at the East Blair One (EB1) Terminal in Tacoma.
Our goal is to save you time and provide a seamless experience when you visit our terminal.
We can email truckers and dispatchers directly with the necessary paperwork after they send an email with their order request information. This allows truckers to bypass the customer service office and go directly to the terminal, which will reduce the amount of time they spend at our port.
Although four hours is the minimum time to process each request, we ask that each carrier submit their requests at least one day prior to allow sufficient time for processing.
Pick up and drop off cargo at EB1 or T7
Before arriving at the Port of Tacoma complete one of the two activities.
For single truckload pickup or delivery:
- Fill out the form found at this link: https://portal.nwseaportalliance.com/csbreakbulk/
- It is recommended to submit this at least one business day in advance, for any static piece that weighs over 25 metric tons, submit two business days in advance.
- For more information reference the Single Truckload FAQs
For orders that require multiple truckloads:
- E-mail our Customer Service Team at CSbreakbulk@portoftacoma.com to process your requests.
- Include the following information in your email for each truckload:
- Subject: Picking up cargo or Dropping off cargo
- Vessel Name & Voyage No.
- BOL # for imports / Booking # for exports
- Unit #
- Attachment with authorization to move cargo:
- Delivery Order (for Pickups)
- Dock Receipt (for Deliveries)
- T.E. Bond (if applicable)
- Photo ID of individual named on the Delivery Order (autos only)
- Allow four hours to process your order request. Submitting your requests at least one business day prior is recommended to ensure enough time for processing.
Once your order is processed, you or your dispatcher will receive an email with a link to download documents to your order. This link expires after 30 calendar days.
Print the documents before your trip and bring them with you to the terminal.
When you arrive at the Port of Tacoma, proceed directly to the EB1 Terminal or Terminal 7 gate with your paperwork. You will no longer need to pick up documents at the Port of Tacoma Customer Service Office. For directions to EB1 or T7 refer to the map at this link.