Advocating for a healthy business climate
We work closely with elected officials at the local, state and federal government to create jobs and enhance the trade economy in Washington state.
Our commissioners and staff regularly discuss issues related to international trade with elected officials and partner with economic development-oriented organizations to jointly advocate for these issues.
2023 Legislative Agendas
Federal priorities include:
- Harbor Maintenance Tax reform
- Seattle Harbor Deepening Project
- Tacoma Harbor Deepening Project
- National Freight Policy & Funding
- Trade policy Advancement
- Puget Sound Restoration
- Electrification, Diesel Emission Reduction Programs & Renewable Energy
- Federal Permitting
- Safe and Efficient Cargo Screening