The Seattle Department of Transportation's weekly transportation construction update highlights the projects and events that may impact travel through the Seattle area. View this week's update.
Washington State is currently in Phase 3 of Governor Jay Inslee's "Healthy Washington - Roadmap to Recovery" COVID-19 phased recovery plan. Currently all special events and concerts have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled until further notice, unless noted below. Outdoor facilities may add vaccinated sections until their total capacity is 50% maximum or 22,000 people, whichever is lower, inclusive of both vaccinated and unvaccinated sections. Outdoor unvaccinated spectators cannot exceed 9,000 people.
- May 24: WSDOT project on SB I-5 between I-90 and S. Spokane St. begins on Monday, May 24.
- May 27 - 30: Seattle Mariners host the Texas Rangers at T-Mobile Park.
- May 30: Seattle Sounders host Austin FC at Lumen Field. Kickoff is at 6:30 p.m.
- June 2: EB SR-520 closed between Montlake Blvd. and Bellevue Wednesday night.
- June 3: WB SR-520 closed between Bellevue and Montlake Blvd. Thursday night.
- June 11: SR99 Tunnel closed Friday night for monthly maintenance.
- June 12: NB I-5 fully closed through northeast Seattle Saturday night for pedestrian bridge span erection over I-5.