Transloading at The Northwest Seaport Alliance is an essential tool for importers responding to unpredictability and volatility inherent in today’s e-commerce supply chains. Exert more control over the velocity and direction of shipments by transloading at NWSA… at a lower cost than at other West Coast gateways.
- Quickly divert your inbound cargo to high-demand or low-inventory areas.
- Easily convert your intact intermodal cargo to transload.
- Expedite cargo inland via truck or domestic rail.
Warehouse Space Where and When You Need It
Transload accounts for nearly 40% of our imported container volume (more than any other West Coast port). The NWSA gateway has the second largest concentration of warehousing on the West Coast. With plenty of capacity and more coming online, it’s no wonder retailers and 3PLs are choosing the Seattle-Tacoma for their import cargo.
- Over 11.6M sf of vacant space available for lease.
- Over 10M sf of new warehouse space under construction.
- Warehouse lease rates up to 20% less than competing West Coast gateways.
- Over 100 near-terminal transload warehouse facilities.
- Cheaper local drayage rates than Los Angeles/Long Beach.
- FTZ #5 & FTZ #86 offer operational savings.
Delivering Speed to Your Supply Chain
NWSA is the place to be if you need to inject extra speed into your supply chain.
- Closest U.S. Port to Asia.
- First port of call on transpacific liner services.
- Uncongested container berths and 2.5-day rail dwell for maximum velocity.
- Fast on-dock international and expedited domestic rail service to Chicago and beyond.
Saves Dollars and Makes Sense
From Asia origin to final US destination, NWSA routing for transload cargo saves you time and money compared with other port gateways. Contact our Business Development Team for a detailed transit time and cost comparison analysis or referrals to transload warehouse facilities with available space.