Rail service links Pacific Northwest to U.S. Midwest
Class I rail service
- Competitive transit times: Early fifth-morning service to key U.S. Midwest and Ohio Valley markets
- Regular departures: Scheduling just got easier with 40+ departures from the gateway every week
With nine on- or near-dock intermodal rail yards, we're ready to move your cargo.
Domestic & short-haul rail service
We offer three options for fast and convenient domestic rail service from the Pacific Northwest:
- Tacoma South Intermodal Facility (TacSim): Operated by the Union Pacific Railroad, this 25-acre near-dock facility serves customers 24/7 with an average truck turn time of less than 10 minutes.
- South Seattle Intermodal Facility: Operated by BNSF Railway, this 48-acre near-dock facility serving customers 24/7.
- Northwest Container Services: Offering four weekly departures between our facilities and Portland, Oregon, to serve Oregon retailers and export customers.