Peak season tips aim to benefit shippers at The Northwest Seaport Alliance
Beneficial cargo owners can discover ways to avoid delays, increase turn times and reduce costs during peak shipping season with The Northwest Seaport Alliance’s 7 Tips for a Successful Peak Season.
Released today, the tip sheet seeks to help importers and exporters make their operations as efficient as possible during the busy peak shipping season. The suggestions include:
- Regularly communicating with supply chain partners, particularly chassis providers
- Taking advantage of extended gate hours offered by marine terminals
- Adjusting warehouse receiving hours to improve productivity
- Coordinating truck dispatch schedules to match the days terminal operations are historically less busy
- Using online tools to check terminal information, cargo availability and booking status
View all 7 Tips for a Successful Peak Season.
About The Northwest Seaport Alliance
The Northwest Seaport Alliance is a marine cargo operating partnership of the ports of Seattle and Tacoma. Combined, the ports are the fourth-largest container gateway in North America. Regional marine cargo facilities also are a major center for bulk, breakbulk, project/heavy-lift cargoes, automobiles and trucks.