TRAC PACIFIC NORTHWEST POOL (TPNP)
OPERATIONS UPDATE, March 1, 2022
To our valued TPNP Motor Carriers:
Further to the latest PNW Market Pool operations update, the PNW Market Pool will cease operations on March 31, 2022. Effective April 1, 2022, TRAC Intermodal will operate the TRAC Pacific Northwest Pool (TPNP) as a single-provider neutral pool to service the customers we represented in the PNW Market Pool. This transition will enable TRAC Intermodal to support continued growth in the Pacific Northwest through efficient fleet management, enhanced M&R processes and other operational improvements and continued investment in the highest quality chassis
What does this change mean to you?
- How billing will change:
- Prior to April 1, 2022, usage cycles in PNW Market Pool were billed based on which SSL’s container was on the chassis, regardless of who owned the chassis.
- Effective April 1, 2022, new usage cycles for TRAC chassis will be billed by TRAC through the TPNP regardless of the SSL. Usage of TPNP chassis for any SSL that is not a TRAC SSL will be billed as misuse by TRAC directly to the motor carrier.
- How open cycles will be handled:
- Open cycles as of the transition date for TRAC chassis usage will be closed and reopened to bill on a new TRAC invoice.
- Open cycles as of the transition date for non-TRAC chassis usage for TRAC SSLs will continue to be billed by TRAC until that cycle closes. These will be billed on a different invoice than the billing for TRAC chassis usage
What is not changing?
- The TPNP start/stop locations and hours of operation will remain the same as they were in the PNW Market Pool.
- TRAC will continue to be the preferred chassis provider in the Seattle, Tacoma and Portland markets through the TPNP for the following SSLs (each a “TRAC SSL”): CMA-CGM, Hapag Lloyd, ONE, OOCL, SM Lines, Wan Hai, Westwood, Yang Ming and ZIM.
- TRAC will continue to operate the TRAC Marine Western Pool (TMWP) at the BNSF Portland Intermodal Facility and BNSF South Seattle ramps.
- TRAC Connect per diem rates for the Pacific Northwest region remain as outlined in the TRAC Connect Terms and Conditions.
For more information, please contact:
Cindy Davies, Director - Chassis Pools, Western Region at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 604-9413