The Seattle Department of Transportation's weekly transportation construction update highlights the projects and events that may impact travel through the Seattle area. View this week's update.
King County currently remains in Phase 2 of Governor Jay Inslee's 'Safe Start' reopening plan. Accordingly, all special events, sporting events, and concerts have been canceled, postponed, or rescheduled until further notice, unless noted below.
- December 14 - 18: Alaskan Way reduced to one lane in each direction between Pike St. and Pine St. for work at the Seattle Aquarium. Mon - Fri 7 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- December 18: Ramp closure for drainage work: NB I-5 off-ramp to Mercer St. 10 p.m. – 6 a.m.
- December 18: Full closure of the SR99 Tunnel for maintenance. Fri 11 p.m. - Sat 6 a.m.
- December 19 & 20: Full closure of Elliot Ave between Broad St. and W Thomas St. for a crane hoist. Sat 4 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sun back-up date.
- January 22: Full closure of SB I-5 at Stewart St. and ramp closures for fire suppression system maintenance. Fri 11 p.m. - Sat 5 a.m.